Dear IC Families,
Congratulations to our 8th graders! We are sooooooooooooooooo proud of you! All of our students were accepted at the schools of their choice. Our students were accepted at Bishop Amat, St. Lucy’s Priory, Ramona Convent Secondary School,
USC E. College Prep, USC Hybrid High School, Alliance Mark and Eva Stern Math & Science School and Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. All their hard work has paid off and now they have some serious decisions to make.
Thank you to Mr. Ranches, Mr. Lozano and our Academic Decathletes for their commitment to the Academic Decathlon. It was a lot of hard work and we were happy to participate with 105 other Catholic schools. Though we did not place in the Top 10, we know our students worked very hard and represented IC well. Thank you to our wonderful parents that so generously provided a feast for all of us on Sunday.
I am happy to report that we are receiving a lot of new interest in enrollment. We are receiving phone calls and visits. The word is getting out that IC is here to stay and we have plenty to celebrate! Our PTO and School Board have already started planning our 95th Anniversary Gala for next year. We will be asking for volunteers to help with this big event calendared for next fall. If you have any contacts with the local hotels or banquet halls, please let us know.
IC Alumni, I need your help in reaching out to our graduates. It would be great to have alumni attend this event. If you are an IC alumni, please let me know.
Our auditorium is receiving a makeover. The red carpets were removed from the walls! It is freshly painted and we are getting new floors. Though it has temporarily impacted our use of the hall for now, it will be beautiful when it is completed.
Orders for SEE’s Easter candy are included in today’s family envelope. Place your orders by March 22 to guarantee delivery before Easter.
For all families that are interested in any financial aid next year, you are required to submit a CEF application or meet at Bishop Amat for an interview. ALL applications will be due by March 31. If you do not apply, you will not qualify for any financial assistance. DO NOT MISS THIS DEADLINE.
The more information we have regarding enrollment in advance, the better we can plan for your child’s education. Class sizes help us determine the rehiring or adding to our faculty and staff. To retain the 2016-2017 tuition rates, please register by March 31, 2017. After March 31, the rate will increase. If you have any questions, please contact Laura.
New Sibling Registration – please contact the office now if your younger child will be joining us when school begins.
In order to provide lunch for all the students that order, please purchase in advance. There is a new weekly order form included today (DUE FRIDAY) in addition to the individual orders for hamburgers tomorrow & pizza for Friday.
AVON orders are due now. Every $40 equals one service hour.
SAVE THE DATES
- Taste Around the World April 30 (Sign-Up for Volunteers will post early April)
- Food & Music Festival at IC May 27 & 28 (will be replacing fall festival as it transitions back to Memorial Day Weekend
SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITY
- We need to stock up our snack cart. For every $20 purchase you can earn one service hour. ALWAYS send us your receipts.
- We need Capri Suns, Gatorade, individually wrapped bags of snacks, chips, pretzels, fish crackers, water, Fruit Roll-ups, Fruit snacks, rice crispy squares etc.
ALL PARENTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE 40 SERVICE HOURS. ALL PARENTS THAT GO ABOVE & BEYOND BY COMPLETING 60+ BY MAY 1 WILL BE INVITED TO THE APPRECIATION DINNER IN EARLY JUNE.
- For all our school and parish families
- For the 8th graders in thanksgiving for their high school acceptance
- For the sick in our IC community
7 Ways to Make Lent Joyful:
- Start all prayers with praise
- Take time with God in a beautiful place
- Don’t carry the world’s pain on your own back
- Fast for the sake of richer food – the daily Eucharist
- Take flowers and a smile to a sick person
- Reconcile with an estranged friend
- Compliment someone for making the world better
From Catholic Update, 2/95 St. Anthony Messenger