Dear IC Families,
As we prepare for our celebration of Catholic Schools Week, we are grateful for the privilege of serving our parish community through the ministry of Catholic education. A rigorous academic curriculum infused with the solid, life-affirming values of our Catholic culture and spirituality is at the heart of Immaculate Conception School.
On Sunday we begin celebrating Catholic Schools Week with our 10:00 AM monthly mass. We invite all families to come together and pray for our school families. Following mass you are invited to come over to our school and visit the science fair, classrooms, book fair, enjoy the Knights of Columbus breakfast and shop at our Winter Boutique. Please invite friends and family to experience all the wonderful things that are happening at IC.
On Monday morning we invite all our parents for coffee and donuts at 7:30 am at the IC Bistro. We want to say THANK YOU for choosing and supporting IC.
On Tuesday our students will thank the community for all their service to neighborhood and their support for our school. The TK/K students will be walking to the rectory, the 1st- 8th grades will walk to various local businesses. A permission slip is included in today’s family envelope.
On Wednesday each child is encouraged to invite one special guest to attend Mass at 8:00 followed by refreshments.
On Thursday the students are treated to free dress, a free hot dog lunch, extended recess and no homework.
On Friday we will have noon dismissal as a special thanks to our teachers and staff for their hard work.
We are only two weeks away from our biggest fundraiser of the year! Thank you to our dedicated PTO/Room Parents & Monte Carlo Committee for all their preparations. We need 100% participation for this to be a success and meet our goals.
- Please place your ticket orders now so we can gauge how many will be attending.
- Please turn in your raffle tickets. Each family is required to meet the $330 quota for Monte Carlo Night.
- Have you signed up for your service hours?
- We need sponsors to underwrite our expenses. Ask everyone you know. Remind them that it all benefits our students and is a tax write–off.
- The class projects for the live auction are coming along beautifully. We can hardly wait to begin to display the class baskets and donated items.
- We need more donations, so please ask all your businesses that you frequent often if they will donate. You will be surprised how happy people are to donate especially when they know it goes to a worthy cause like Immaculate Conception School.
- Don’t forget to order your presale beverage packages. Order now and save a little money.
- Our Monte Carlo Night is semi-formal- No Jeans please!
- It’s a fun adult night out. I am looking forward to seeing everyone there.
- Did I mention the puppies?
Congratulations to Mrs. Vielma our Jr. High Math & Science teacher who has been hired as vice principal at a high school. Though we are sad to see her go, we are very happy that she has the opportunity to fulfill her dream. We will miss her and we pray that God will continue to bless her. We welcome Mr. George Lozano as he joins our faculty today. He is an experienced teacher that will be teaching math and science to Jr. High and Spanish to grades 1-8.
Its cold and flu season so please keep students home if they are ill. They need to rest and recover so they can do their best work. They will be given time to make up their work.
Parking lot safety is everyone’s responsibility. Drive slowly throughout the parking lot. Only park in designated spots. Do not park in the drive through lane and leave your car. Stay off your phone while driving. The students are watching. We all want our students to be safe at all times.
Science projects are due Friday morning. It is required for ALL students from 4th through 8th grade. A student will earn an “F” for the science project, if it is not turned in by 8am.
SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES
Each $20 donation equals one service hour.
Tomorrow we need volunteers to help set up for Catholics School Week. Please come during the day to help.
For this Sunday we need
- Capri Suns
- Water Bottles
We need volunteers at 7AM to help set up for the winter boutique. We need people to help inflate balloons and decorate the schoolyard.
“The education of children and young people is such an important task in forming them as free and responsible human beings. It affirms their dignity as an inalienable gift that flows from our original creation as children made in the image and likeness of God. And because education truly forms human beings, it is especially the duty and responsibility of the Church, who is called to serve mankind from the heart of God and in such a way that no other institution can.”
Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio (Pope Francis)